APIs have been with us since before they were called APIs. Application programming interfaces as an interface between software or between users and software have been around since the 1940’s, around 20 years before such interfaces were called APIs. In the past couple of decades, APIs have really come into their own with the proliferation of microservices and advent of cloud platforms, and with growth came the need for API security.
Things are moving quickly, and one thing we’ve learned from talking to prospects and customers is that there has been a lack of continuing education in the API security world. To address that need, we’re excited to announce a new API security learning center: the API Bites Knowledge Hub. It’s a free resource that enables anyone to up their API security game whether they’re a beginner or advanced. No ads, no pushy sales tactics – just learning.
The API Bites Knowledge Hub offers videos, articles, and documents – all in bite-sized chunks.
The API Bites Knowledge Hub is designed with your time in mind. The content is designed to be easily digestible and accessible. The Knowledge Hub is organized into three sections:
- APIs: 101 – the basics. Dive into the fundamentals. Whether you’re a newcomer or just want to brush up on your skills, our API 101 section breaks down the basics, laying a solid foundation for your API journey.
- Advanced API Security Topics – the next level. This section goes int more depth with topics ranging from advanced tactics to details on specific attacks.
- Videos: prefer to “watch” your education? Check here for short API Bites videos with our API security experts and longform videos like webinars as well.
The API Security Content Goes Deep
Let’s explore an example of the type of content you’ll find in the API Bites Knowledge Hub. While the Knowledge Hub focuses on API security across verticals, there is also a plethora of vertical-specific content, such as financial services. Recently the Consumer Finance Protection Bureau (CFPB) proposed a major new rule governing financial organizations, specifically mentioning API security. The Knowledge Hub contains several pieces of content related to financial services, including some about the new rule:
API 101 articles:
- CFPB to Announce Major Open Banking Proposed Rule
- Navigating the New CFPB Rule on Open Banking: The Details
- Safeguarding Financial Health: Why CFOs Should Prioritize API Security
Video with Don Cardinal, Open Banking Expert:
As you can see, there’s a lot to learn from, and the Knowledge Hub can quickly get you up to speed on the latest in API security.
The API Bites Knowledge Hub is a living resource, and we have big plans for it going forward, so check it out and check back from time to time and see what’s new. In the meantime, register for our webinar with Cequence hacker in residence, Jason Kent, to hear how you can uplevel your API security program while avoiding “technology icebergs” and the danger that lurks beneath the waterline.
Never miss an update!