Cequence Security Enhances API Security Testing Capabilities
Cequence Security’s API Security Testing offering empowers security teams to run at the speed of business by enforcing consistent protection standards across production and pre-production API environments
SUNNYVALE, CA – Feb. 6, 2023 – Cequence Security, the leading provider of Unified API Protection, today announced it has enhanced the testing capabilities within its Unified API Protection Platform with the availability of API Security Testing. This API Security Testing framework encourages shift-left efforts by giving security and development teams the tools to quickly uncover and remediate API vulnerabilities in pre-production environments that could otherwise lead to business disruption in production. To learn more about the new testing capabilities, request a demo here.
With API Security Testing, security and development teams can integrate continuous and automated testing of their pre-production APIs into their development and release cycle. For scenarios where no API specifications exist, security teams can leverage real-time API traffic analysis to baseline API specifications based on runtime traffic, eliminating the need to search for owners of legacy APIs or create specifications from scratch.
“Driven by the rapid rise in API exploits caused by coding errors, security and development teams are looking at ways to improve their API testing efforts without jeopardizing their continuous development release cycles,” said Varun Kohli, Chief Marketing Officer at Cequence Security. “API Security Testing complements our runtime compliance capabilities that detect security risks such as business logic abuse and OWASP API Top 10 risks in production APIs. With API Security Testing, teams can apply the same compliance and security checks to their build processes to detect compliance issues earlier in the development cycle for pre-production APIs.”
Key capabilities of the new offering include:
- Continuous integration (CI)/Continuous development (CD) and Collaboration Tools Integration: Integrates with CI/CD tools like Gitlab, Azure DevOps, Jenkins and Bamboo, allowing developers to run tests against their pre-production APIs to detect and report security risks.
- Visualize Results and Remediate Test Failures: Security and development teams can visualize results and drill down into details to quickly understand the compliance issues identified in pre-production APIs. Summary reports allow results to be exported and shared with API owners and development teams for quick remediation and re-execution of tests.
- Comprehensive OWASP API Top 10 Risk Detection: Detects security risks including the OWASP API Top 10 and business logic risks, including introduction of shadow APIs and sensitive data exposure. Administrators can define customized sensitive data exposure and custom risk categories for different groups of APIs based on the vertical. For example, retail customers can create policies configured to look explicitly for credit card numbers, while automotive customers can monitor and prevent exposure of vehicle identification numbers.
API Security Testing is part of the Cequence Unified API Protection solution and leverages an open, extensible architecture to seamlessly integrate into existing API protection infrastructure.
- Read the new API Security Testing blog
- Learn more about API Security Testing
- Request an API Security Testing demo
- Learn more about our Unified API Protection platform
- Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter
About Cequence Security
Cequence Security, the pioneer of Unified API Protection, is the only solution that unifies API discovery, inventory tracking, dynamic testing, risk analysis and native mitigation with proven, real-time threat protection against ever-evolving API attacks. Cequence Security secures more than 6 billion API calls a day and protects more than 2 billion user accounts across our Fortune 500 customers. Our customers trust us to protect their APIs and web applications with the most effective and adaptive defense against online fraud, business logic attacks, exploits and unintended data leakage, which enables them to remain resilient in today’s ever-changing business and threat landscape. Learn more at www.cequence.ai.