Cequence Security provides enterprises with an ML-based application security platform that detects and stops sophisticated threats targeting public-facing web and API applications. Our products enable large enterprises to discover and classify their public-facing APIs for security risks, detect active attacks and threats on those APIs from malicious users, and protect the APIs from detected threats. Our products enable some of the largest financial, retail, and social media organizations discover and protect their public-facing APIs.
Senior Outbound Product Manager Position Overview
The team is seeking a Senior Outbound Product Manager to assist go-to-market (GTM) execution and drive customer adoption and revenue growth. As an outbound-focused product manager, you’ll ensure our sales teams position Cequence to the best of the product’s abilities and current customers make the most of our technology. To do so, you will help hone our positioning/messaging, and lead sales enablement efforts to train our field teams. With a focus on customer success, you’ll collaborate with marketing, business development and solution architect teams. This is a great opportunity to help customers of all types, from startups to the largest enterprises, to accelerate their journey on implementing sophisticated API security programs.
The ideal candidate will have a cybersecurity background that enables them to deeply understand customer problems and challenges, understand the competitive landscape for API security and Web App Firewalls/Bot Management, interact at both the executive level and with engineering leaders at our customers, as well as have sufficient technical background to work with our data scientists and threat researchers. The candidate must have good business judgement, a sense of ownership, tenacity, and startup scrappiness.
Key job responsibilities
- Develop product positioning and messaging material targeting sales teams, prospective and current customers, and market analysts.
- Interact with market analysts like Gartner and Forrester on positioning Cequence differentiation and lead demos, briefings, and inquiries.
- Work with data scientists and threat researchers to help analyze research data to identify best practice usage patterns and discovered malicious/attack behavior.
- Assist business development in technology partnership discussions, helping to position Cequence alongside complementary technologies.
- Build and enhance pricing models and help position them to internal sales and business development teams.
The ideal candidate will enjoy focusing energy outbound on attracting customers and increasing product adoption.
Required Skills and Experience
- 5+ years product management, product marketing, or equivalent go-to-market experience for cybersecurity products.
- 5+ years’ experience in crafting technical product positioning, messaging, content.
- Strong technical knowledge in one or more of the following cybersecurity fields: application security, WAF, bot defense, API gateways, SIEM/SOAR.
- Familiarity with common API technologies – REST, GraphQL, OpenAPI/Swagger specifications.
- Experience with Cloud Platforms (AWS, Azure and/or GCP).
- Experience working with data scientists and threat researchers.
- Experience building and communicating various pricing models.
- Analytical mind-set with an ability to analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, and scope business requirements.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to influence others internally and externally.
- MBA, MS or advanced technical degree.
Come talk with us if you’re looking to make a difference and work at a fast-paced, fun, and rewarding environment. It’s the best career decision that you can make!