Location: Americas: Sunnyvale, CA or remote
Position Type: Full-Time Employment
Cequence Security provides enterprises with an ML-based application security platform that detects and stops sophisticated threats targeting public-facing web and API applications. Our products enable large enterprises to discover and classify their public-facing APIs for security risks, detect active attacks and threats on those APIs from malicious users, and protect the APIs from detected threats.
Cequence Security is seeking a motivated individual who is looking to work on the front lines of application security in the fight against malicious bot attacks as an analyst in our Threat Intelligence team.
This role crosses many functions, including data analytics, investigations and customer engagement/success. Our Threat Intelligence team is the first line of defense, helping our customers fine-tune the product and stay on top of the most current threats to their applications.
If you are a passionate person (with or without lots of security experience) who loves to sink their teeth into data, has a keen eye for patterns, anomalies & fraudulent activity, and you want to become a subject matter expert in application security, then you would be a great fit on the team.
- Monitor and analyze large volumes of application traffic of Fortune 500 organizations, respond to new threats, and produce intelligence reports/presentations for their senior management.
- Discover and detect new patterns of malicious bot activity and work with the Engineering team to implement those ideas into the product at a rapid pace.
- Investigate, hunt and explore answers to questions like “who?”, “how?” and “why?” with respect to advanced bot attacks and other malicious activity
- Share results of analysis and research in customer briefings and internal events. Help drive innovation and our ability to stay ahead of attackers.
- Bachelor’s degree in an analytical discipline such as Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Economics, or a similar field required. Experience with cybersecurity/web security preferred but not required.
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to manipulate, model and interpret large quantities of structured data.
- Competent in SQL and in at least one major programming language (e.g. Python).
- Proficiency in packages/tools/frameworks for data analytics and visualization (e.g. Jupyter notebooks, Pandas, Kibana) preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of networking and application protocols like TCP, UDP, IP, HTTP, SSL, DNS preferred.
- A dedicated, team-first mentality. Hungry to learn on the job every day.
- A sharp eye for patterns and anomalies. The ability to think on your feet, be creative and follow clues to uncover answers to complicated questions.
Come talk with us if you’re looking to make a difference and work in a fast-paced, fun, and rewarding environment. It’s the best career decision that you can make!