Cequence Security provides enterprises with an AI-powered, container-based software platform that stops sophisticated bot attacks targeted at web and API applications, causing business logic abuse, and exploitation attacks on application vulnerabilities. These attacks cost enterprises millions of dollars each year in account take over fraud, stolen credentials and other forms of breaches. This platform can be deployed within customer premises as well as consumed by customers as a SaaS service.
Threat Intelligence Analyst Position Overview
Cequence Security is seeking a motivated individual who is looking to work on the front lines of application security in the fight against malicious bot attacks as an analyst in our Threat Intelligence team.
This role crosses many functions, including data analytics, investigations and customer engagement/success. Our Threat Intelligence team is the first line of defense, helping our customers fine-tune the product and stay on top of the most current threats to their applications.
If you are a passionate person (with or without lots of security experience) who loves to sink their teeth into data, has a keen eye for patterns, anomalies & fraudulent activity, and you want to become a subject matter expert in application security, then you would be a great fit on the team.
- Monitor and analyze large volumes of application traffic of Fortune 500 organizations, respond to new threats, and produce intelligence reports/presentations for their senior management
- Discover and detect new patterns of malicious bot activity and work with the Engineering team to implement those ideas into the product at a rapid pace
- Investigate, hunt and explore answers to questions like “who?”, “how?” and “why?” with respect to advanced bot attacks and other malicious activity
- Share results of analysis and research in customer briefings and internal events. Help drive innovation and our ability to stay ahead of attackers
- Bachelor’s degree in an analytical discipline such as Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Economics, or a similar field required. Experience with cybersecurity/web security preferred but not required
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to manipulate, model and interpret large quantities of structured data
- Competent in SQL and in at least one major programming language (e.g. Python)
- Proficiency in packages/tools/frameworks for data analytics and visualization (e.g. Jupyter notebooks, Pandas, Kibana) preferred but not required
- Knowledge of networking and application protocols like TCP, UDP, IP, HTTP, SSL, DNS preferred
- A dedicated, team-first mentality. Hungry to learn on the job every day
- A sharp eye for patterns and anomalies. The ability to think on your feet, be creative and follow clues to uncover answers to complicated questions
Come talk with us if you’re looking to make a difference and work at a fast-paced, fun, and rewarding environment. It’s the best career decision that you can make!