About Cequence Security
Cequence Security, the pioneer of Unified API Protection, provides the only solution that unifies API discovery, inventory tracking, risk analysis and native mitigation with proven, real-time threat protection against ever-evolving API attacks. Cequence Security protects more than 2 billion user accounts across our Fortune 500 customers.
Data Engineer Position Overview
As a Data Engineer at Cequence Security, you will be responsible for developing and enhancing the various Real Time Data flow pipelines as well as enabling sophisticated Data Analysis from the data at rest in multiple data lakes, while also maintaining strict high performance and throughput requirements. You will also work closely with other Data Engineers, Data Scientists and Security experts to bring new ideas in Data Exploration, Analytics and Machine Learning to fruition as product features that will enable new ways of catching malicious actors and help protect our customers from various forms of exploits and abuse.
There are multiple openings for the Data Engineer in both our Sunnyvale, CA headquarters and our Cincinnati, OH development center.
- Build and enhance an optimal real time data pipeline architecture using technologies such as Spark Streaming, Kafka Streams, Kafka Messaging, Elasticsearch and other Big Data technologies.
- Identify, design, and implement improvements in the data pipelines to achieve ever higher throughput and scalability.
- Work with data scientists and security experts to strive for greater functionality in our core products.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- Work within an Agile workflow to organize tasks and collaborate with other team members (Jira).
- Work in a Test-Driven Development environment focused on producing reliable, well-documented production code.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, or another relevant field.
- Expert level experience with programming languages Java/Scala/Kotlin etc.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in building and optimizing ‘Big Data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience with message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
- Experience with big data tools: Spark, Kafka, Elasticsearch, Hadoop etc.
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Flink, Spark-Streaming, Kafka Streams etc.
- Experience with Cloud services such as AWS EC2, EMR, EKS etc is a plus.
- Experience with working in Docker and Kubernetes is a plus.
Salary Range 120-200k USD
The salary range represents the low and high end of the base salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary depending on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of the total compensation package for Cequence Security employees. Other rewards may include quarterly bonuses, commissions, stock options, unlimited Paid Time Off, and other benefits not listed.
Come talk with us if you’re looking to make a difference and work at a fast-paced, fun, and rewarding environment. It’s the best career decision that you can make!CONTACT US