Cequence Security protects consumer facing web applications and APIs at large enterprises from a variety of threats. The Cequence API security platform prevents online fraud, business logic attacks, exploits and sensitive data exposure for enterprise customers in the finance, banking, retail, social media and travel/hospitality industries. Our API security platform is the only solution on the market that unifies runtime API visibility, security risk monitoring, and patented behavioral fingerprint-based threat prevention to consistently detect and prevent ever evolving online attacks. The platform requires no application integration and can be deployed very quickly as a SaaS, in the data center or the cloud. These attacks cost enterprises millions of dollars in fraud, loss of revenue, brand damage, etc. Cequence’s differentiated approach to application security requires no application integration and can be deployed very quickly within customer premises as well as consumed by customers as a SaaS service. Various Fortune 500 companies in finance, banking, retail, social media and travel/hospitality industries are protecting their revenue generating applications, using Cequence Security.
Principal Support Engineer Position Overview
As a Principal Support Engineer (PSE) you will be providing advanced support to our largest customers, you should have a very strong technical background and be very skilled at reproducing customer environments in order to perform root cause analysis.
Normal operations for the PSE will require managing critical issues, regular communication with customers, new product on-boarding and feature training as well as on-call support. In addition to the traditional PSE responsibilities you will be deeply involved in defining and building the foundation for Cequence Customer Success organization.
Americas: Sunnyvale, CA or remote
EMEA: Dublin, Ireland or remote
- Proactive and exceptional support to our largest customers.
- Become a technical expert on Cequence Security solutions and the go to person for any post-sales related technical issues.
- Help our customers and partners with deploying our product, on-boarding and training.
- Own and build the support knowledge base, diagnostic tools, troubleshooting guides, and training curriculums.
- Contribute to best practices, white papers, threat analysis, competitive analysis and feature enhancements.
- Work closely with product management, engineering, marketing and partners to improve the product and build customer satisfaction.
- Over 10 plus years of experience supporting enterprise IT customers, or equivalent experience.
- Proven experience working on critical/complex system down issue and escalations.
- Excellent written & oral communication skills with strong interpersonal, organizational and presentation skills.
- Expert troubleshooting and reasoning skills.
- A deep understanding of web applications, database, & security environments.
- Prior working experience with L2-L7 networking including experience with security (firewalls, web application firewalls, etc.), switching, routing and application delivery products (load balancers, proxies, caches, etc.).
- Must have experience working with Linux.
- Experience with Java development, Python, shell-scripting, and XML/JSON.
- Experience working with Docker and container orchestration tools is preferred.
- Relevant industry certifications such as SANS, CISSP, etc. is a plus.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent work experience.
Come talk with us if you’re looking to make a difference and work at a fast-paced, fun, and rewarding environment. It’s the best career decision that you can make!