Cequence Security provides enterprises with an ML-based application security platform that detects and stops sophisticated threats targeting public-facing web and API applications. Our products enable large enterprises to discover and classify their public-facing APIs for security risks, detect active attacks and threats on those APIs from malicious users, and protect the APIs from detected threats. Our products enable some of the largest financial, retail, and social media organizations discover and protect their public-facing APIs.
Principal Product Manager Bot Defense Position Overview
We are looking for a Principal Product Manager to join the team building the next generation of Bot Defense products. In this role, you will help to evolve, define, and build products related to detecting and blocking highly sophisticated malicious bots. You will own all aspects of product management for this product, including feature definition, defining the user experience, timely product execution, and rapid rollout to customers. As a Principal Product Manager, you are expected to excel in an ambiguous, fast paced environment to succeed in a rapidly growing API security market. You are expected to show high judgement and prioritize based on the most strategic value for the business.
The ideal candidate will enjoy working in a collaborative, analytical, and fast-paced environment interacting with highly technical cross-functional teams. Candidates must have excellent analytical capabilities, be comfortable diving deep into data and have strong writing skills. Candidates must have a track record of understanding customer needs and delivering successful cybersecurity products.
Required Skills and Experience
- 8+ years of product management experience (roadmap planning, release planning, information gathering for use cases, competitive analyses, writing up whitepapers or blogs, and a strong ability to explain technical concepts at both a high-level and low-level).
- Strong technical knowledge in one or more of the following fields: attack surface management (discovery, inventory, prioritization or monitoring of digital assets), application security, CASB, risk/compliance, WAF.
- Familiarity with common API implementation approaches – REST, GraphQL, and OpenAPI/Swagger specifications.
- Experience with Cloud Platforms (AWS, Azure and/or GCP) and in building SaaS products on any of these cloud platforms.
- Experience in building features that rely on supervised or unsupervised machine learning.
- Experience in analyzing product success and identifying opportunities to improve and articulate those decisions to the wider team.
- Ability to articulate detailed requirements across the different parts of the product to ensure successful release of new product/features.
- Experience with building efficient pricing models.
- Analytical mind-set with an ability to analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, and scope business requirements.
- Proven experience delivering initiatives from conception through completion.
- MBA, MS or equivalent entrepreneurial experience
Come talk with us if you’re looking to make a difference and work at a fast-paced, fun, and rewarding environment. It’s the best career decision that you can make!