Cequence Security provides enterprises with an AI-powered, container-based software platform that stops sophisticated bot attacks targeted at web and API applications, causing business logic abuse, and exploitation attacks on application vulnerabilities. These attacks cost enterprises millions of dollars each year in account take over fraud, stolen credentials and other forms of breaches. This platform can be deployed within customer premises as well as consumed by customers as a SaaS service.
Field Solution Engineer (FSE) Position Overview
The FSE is an important member of the sales team, identifying complex customer application security challenges and driving solutions to meet and exceed prospective and existing customer requirements. Working alongside the Regional Sales Manager, the FSE owns the technical relationship with the customer and will work with cross-functional teams to ensure total customer satisfaction. As the subject-matter expert, the FSE will assist the sales team with pre-sales presentations, product demonstrations, solution design and deployments. Extensive travel within the assigned region is required.
- Participate in sales calls and prospect visits, providing technical expertise and business input to demonstrate value of the Cequence solution to prospects and drive revenue
- Gather technical requirements from prospective clients and architect the solution to meet the customer’s requirements while integrating seamlessly with their network and application infrastructure
- Conduct product demonstrations, proof of concept evaluations, post-sale installation and technical account
- Prepare evaluation test plans, deployment guides, installation guides, monitoring and operation run books, etc. customized to the customer’s requirements
- Own, create, and present white papers, customer reports and architecture documents, which clearly articulate the technical and commercial benefits of the Cequence solution including the ROI impacts to customers and prospects
- Contribute to best practices, white papers, threat analysis, competitive analysis, and feature enhancements
- Work closely with customer success managers, product management, support, professional services, engineering, marketing and partners to improve the product and build market and mind share
- BS/MS in CS or equivalent with 3+ years of sales engineering experience in network or application security, such as web application firewalls, cloud-based web security offerings, and secure CDN
- Prior working experience with L2-L7 networking including experience with security (firewalls, web application firewalls, etc.), switching, routing and application delivery products (load balancers, proxies, caches, etc.) is needed
- Possess a solid understanding of web applications, database, & security environments
- Must have experience working with Linux, and knowledge of TCP/IP and HTTP
- Experience working with Docker and container orchestration tools is preferred
- Experience in scripting and languages like Python is a significant advantage
- Excellent written & oral communication skills with strong interpersonal, organizational and presentation skill
- Relevant industry certifications such as SANS, CISSP, etc. is a plus
- Self-starter with strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent time management, multi-tasking, and prioritization skills
- Strong communication skills (written & verbal) and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Experience selling, demonstrating, installing and troubleshooting security solutions
Come talk with us if you’re looking to make a difference and work at a fast-paced, fun, and rewarding environment. It’s the best career decision that you can make!