Cequence Security protects consumer facing web applications and APIs at large enterprises from a variety of threats. The Cequence API security platform prevents online fraud, business logic attacks, exploits and sensitive data exposure for enterprise customers in the finance, banking, retail, social media and travel/hospitality industries. Our API security platform is the only solution on the market that unifies runtime API visibility, security risk monitoring, and patented behavioral fingerprint-based threat prevention to consistently detect and prevent ever evolving online attacks. The platform requires no application integration and can be deployed very quickly as a SaaS, in the data center or the cloud. These attacks cost enterprises millions of dollars in fraud, loss of revenue, brand damage, etc. Cequence’s differentiated approach to application security requires no application integration and can be deployed very quickly within customer premises as well as consumed by customers as a SaaS service. Various Fortune 500 companies in finance, banking, retail, social media and travel/hospitality industries are protecting their revenue generating applications, using Cequence Security.
Data Plane Engineer Position Overview
As a Data Plane Developer at Cequence Security, you will be working on the most challenging portion of our technology stack. This piece of technology sits in front of many Fortune-500/Global-2000 companies’ websites and protects their Web, Mobile and API applications from a variety of threats. This data plane processes over 2 billion API calls daily with high availability and minimum latency, both in our customers’ environments and our SaaS deployments. You will be part of the team that is working on an aggressive roadmap to improve our efficacy and looking to integrate into modern deployments of applications and APIs.
- Design and develop data plane components using C++, Golang and Python as programming languages.
- Develop low latency and high availability solutions with fully automated test suites that work in traditional data centers and public/private clouds.
- Full ownership of your design and development activity by adapting to customer feedback and resolving bugs found in unit testing, system testing and customer deployments.
- Work independently but know when to ask for help, while collaborating within a small team.
- Innovate – product, platform and the process to continuously improve our value proposition to customers.
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or equivalent field with 4-6 years of industry experience.
- Like the thrill of early stage startups, enjoy working in a fast paced and open environment.
- C/C++ and/or Golang programming skills combined with one or more scripting languages – Python, Perl, Unix Shell scripting, etc.
- Knowledge of networking and application protocols like TCP, UDP, IP, HTTP/HTTPS, SSL/TLS, DNS.
- Good knowledge of modern Linux or Unix internals, sockets and systems programming.
- Good knowledge of multi-threaded/concurrent programming and distributed systems.
- Understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- Experience with any Web Servers, Load Balancers, Web Application Firewalls.
Come talk with us if you’re looking to make a difference and work at a fast-paced, fun, and rewarding environment. It’s the best career decision that you can make!